Monday, May 2, 2011

I don't give a shit that Bin Laden is dead.

I don't give a shit Bin Laden is dead. However, I noticed I am in the minority.  His death was big news everywhere and people were celebrating his death in the United States like it was the fourth of July.

Celebrating the death of someone like Bin Laden, changes nothing.  It doesn't change 9/11. It doesn't bring back to life the people he was responsible for killing. It doesn't stop terrorism. In fact, in the eyes of terrorist, his death makes him a martyr.  Terrorists love people who die for the cause because it gives them great motivation to kill more of us...

I don't give a rat's ass that Bin Laden is dead. It doesn't change my life in any way.  His death doesn't make me richer or poorer. His death doesn't make me feel better about myself.  His death does nothing for me.. Why should it?  I value my life a whole lot more than I ever valued the life of Bin Laden.

Personally, I don't waste my time giving a shit about evil men for that is not my focus in life. My focus in on what is good and decent about people.. My focus is on the people who live the good life. My focus is on celebrating the differences between people rather than trying to destroy those differences.  
 
The reality of this life is in the end, whether we are a good or evil person, we all end up in the same place, dead.  Death is a great equalizer.  In God's unconditional all loving eyes, death makes us all equal again.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment