Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ex-Catholic - Public Confessor

There is something about growing up Catholic that makes me want to publicly confess every thought I think. I'm sure it has something to do with the brainwashing I received as a child about going to confession and not withholding even the slightest thought I might consider a sin.  As a result of growing up catholic and leaving the church, because too many of their beliefs were impossible for me to accept, I'm still influenced by there stinkin' thinkin' in ways that makes me feel guilty when there is nothing I should feel guilty about.

In order for my guilt about leaving the church not to eat at me any more than it does, I have chosen to become a public confessor. There is something about confessing my catholic sins publicly that lifts the guilt right off my shoulders. I am using this blog to publicly confess everything about my life and everything I know about life, most of which is okay with me but is contrary to the teaching of the Catholic Church.

Some of the stuff you read here will enlighten you or entertain you.  Some of  what I share with you may stun and shock you but not too much.. I haven't committed any of the really big sins in life  such as stealing, murdering, raping, plundering, etc. Oh but my little sins, like thinking very differently than the catholic church, sometimes does eat me alive.

Updated 5 hours later..

I am feeling guilty for posting this. I should delete it now. No don't delete it.
Yes, delete it, No! Yes! No! Yes! Hell no, I am not going to delete it.
This is my story and I am sticking to it.






Make Money TEXT Messaging, Click Here


2 comments:

  1. I think most of us share the burden of carrying guilt for things that we now find almost ridiculous......I know I do....and yes, I feel guilty about saying this......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive me Father for I have sinned...
    Are you sorry for your sins?
    No...
    I had a great time actually...
    Now I have to feel bad about it to feel sorry? Well, Pooh.
    I'm in deep shit...

    Yep, I was raised Catholic as well. For ages I felt like there was NO other way and being Guilty for something was the way of life.
    - I woke up. :)

    ReplyDelete